Creamy leek soupFebruary 18, 2023
This soup is a all time classic. At least in Germany where people often serve it at parties.
We replaced the cream, cheese, and minced meat with plant based alternatives. It turned out great. Now it’s approved for serving it to guests too. You’ll never know when the next party is 🥳
- 2 leeks, cuttend in fine rings
- 2-3 potatoes
- minced vegan meat, we love the one from Vivera
- 1 l of vegetable broth
- 1/2 l of plant based cream
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (for the creamy cheesy taste)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder for seasoning
Fry the minced meat and put aside. Sauté the white parts of leek and the potatoes in a big pot for a few minutes. Add the broth and let it simmer until the potatoes are done. Blend it, then add the green ends of the leek, the seasoning, and the rest of the ingredients. Let it cook for a few more minutes. At the end, put the fried minced meat back in.